Saturday, August 8, 2009

i came to my senses the other day and realized i wasn't going to make it to the starting line with my sanity if i didn't regroup. this is my third day away from running and i'm feeling remarkably better physically and mentally. hopefully that'll translate to the trails tomorrow when i get back at it.

plan on hitting two more solid longer runs and possibly either a moderate tempo or a third long run before the race. indeed i'll visit the canyon again...we have a broken relationship that's needs to be mended. i was disappointed in how the canyon went in general last time but more importantly it wreaked mild havoc on my quads and i need one more grunt across the colorado for my quads to be in a better place come transrockies.

mike is looking strong and sharp...i knew he would. i have to thank him for helping me keep my shit together in the canyon last week.

onward!

rob

No comments: