Wednesday, July 15, 2009

apparently I'm the only one who posts here anymore. Rob, hello? Is this what TransRockies is going to be like? Rob?
I will fill you in. the train continues to press on. We both had very solid mileage last week, including a "back to back to back" and our fastest threshold runs so far too.
My fitness continues to improve, although I might be the only one that can tell. I feel very thankful for this race, because of what it is doing to my summer. Day after day, before say, 9am, I have been somewhere absolutely beautiful, made myself sweat, my heart race, my legs tired. I am lucky for this.
My teammate Rob looks very strong at this point. I've decided he is the perfect partner for a two man, 6 day race and here's why:
-Quality human. I've observed this for along time, Rob is just a top notch person outside of running. can you imagine spending this much time with someone you couldn't stand? Like this is hard enough but what if my partner was an absolute a-hole? Ouch. It happens. Thankfully, Rob is someone who I would want to hang out with even if he didn't run. He puts up with my constant wisecracking. He is smart and can speak about any topic. Wants to do good things for others, able to see outside himself. We have a good time, and as they say, it is the process.
-Detail oriented. Maps. Plans. Mileage. GPS. Elevation profiles. Equipment. Do I have to do anything here? The dude even shows up to runs with water bottles already prepared for me, what the heck?
- Tough SOB ! The man can take a beating. You should see him on these runs! A machine. Essential for TransRockies.
- Fast. More fit than me. Pushes me. All summer I have been looking up ahead at Rob, trying to catch him. It helps having someone to chase down. at this point I haven't been able to help with the load, but I will be up there soon. I will thank Rob for getting me there.
- Daring/fearless/crazy/stupid, whatever you want to call it, simply this: he signed up. to run. a six day race at 12,000 feet. Thats all.

Thanks for all the runs Rob. Now write a blog entry.


-

No comments: