Tuesday, June 30, 2009

in the past 6 days my feet have gone from a steady 8/10 to 9/10 on the pain threshold to a 2/10. my run this evening was the best my feet have felt in over 15 months. it's crazy really. the change most likely has to to with one or all of: i started wearing nike free's at work the past 6 nights, i started wearing orthotic's in my running kicks, it was the least miles i've run over a 7 day period in over 3 months. i'll enjoy it while it last but i'm not getting my hopes up yet...i've been in pain for way too long that it's difficult to imagine life without this injury.

yesterday's rest did the body well. i felt fantastic today...i had the trails to myself and kept having to slow myself down, running at a comfortable pace that i didn't think i'd ever find again only a couple months ago. the energy here is hard to describe...you have to experience it to really understand it.

mike and i have a big week ahead...two canyon runs, a back-to-back, and a tempo on the schedule. hopefully we'll come out on the other side in one piece!

rob

No comments: